Wednesday 29 June 2011

Smashbox perfectly polished lid set - Review

 


Recently, I made an online order on Sephora's website. I saw that with 500 beauty insider points, you could get a kit from smashbox that contained a full sized trio, a full size cream liner and trial sizes of smashbox lid primer and lash DNA mascara.
The eyeshadows: Gives you 3 gorgeous shades (Vanilla, Champagne and Brazilian Bronze). I've used it a lot since I received it and I really like the natural look I can achieve. I put champagne on the lid, brazilian bronze in the crease and use vanilla that is a matte shade as my brow highlight. I find that the Brazilian Bronze is just perfect in the crease for a daytime look but you may want to have some darker colors if you're looking to create a nightime look.
Cream liner: It's a brown cream liner. I was really happy to receive it because I only had black gel/cream liner. I think it looks amazing paired with a look made with the trio.
The mascara: I think it's a good mascara but not the best I've tried. The amount of product you get is pretty good for a trial size.
The primer: I kept it because I'm probably going to bring it when I go for trips because it's smaller but it's not even close to my Urban Decay Primer Potion. It's stay pretty much the same amount of time but the difference is that my Urban Decay feels so much smoother when I apply it.
Overall, it's an amazing value!!! If you look at it, it's pretty much a set worth at least 40$. When you get it for free, it's amazing! The only thing is that I like some products a lot and I know I won't be able to repurchase it after I run out of the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top MelPatinage21. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.