Wednesday 29 June 2011

Sephora Collection Beauty in a box Purple Smokey eyes tutorial - Review

 




I received this quad as a Christmas gift. I was really excited with this palette because I love purple eyeshadow. It's usually the only color that I can wear more bright. But, it fell short for me and I've never used it! I don't do this review to bash this product but only so that peoples know what they are buying before they buy it.
- The first shade, the base is actually one of the best colors in this kit. But it is quite chalky and powdery.
- The second shade, the darker purple is horrible! That one is the worst shade in the palette. When I first tried to swatch it, I rubbed my finger into it hard and no color would actually come out. When I tried with a brush, if you use a dense brush, you can get the color to show up but it is impossible to blend. That was a big miss especially for the price of this palette.
- The third purple is not as bad but nothing really amazing.
- The fourth color is actually the best one in the entire palette and just is a pretty lid color but I never reach to use it because I have some better similar shades in my make up kit.
Overall, this palette really is a miss for me. The proof is that I've never used it since Christmas! I think it really didn't reach the standards you would expect normally for a palette at that price and I've seen a lot of cheaper palettes having a better quality of eyeshadow. I you still want to buy it, it's a personal decision but definitely try either to go in stores swatch it or keep your receipts if you buy it online so you can return it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top MelPatinage21. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.