Monday 15 August 2011

Mac In the Gallery eyeshadow quad - Review

Hey everyone,

This is my review about a Mac quad that I got from the Cosmetic Company Store in Freeport, ME. I really like purples so when I saw this quad, I was automatically drawn to it. Also, the price tag was really good. They were selling it for 25$ US which is really good because usually, 4 eyeshadows cost 60$US at regular Mac stores. I was really excited because I’ve never tried Mac eyeshadows before.

When I looked at the colors, I was immediately drawn to them because I really like purples. Also, most colors were matte and I don’t have a lot of good matte colors so that’s why I decided to get it. As you can see, I was a little bit disappointed when I first swatched the colors because on swatches, it’s nothing like what I expected from Mac. I had a hard time having the lighter colors to show up. But, when applied with a brush, they don’t look the same on the eyes. You actually get a much better pigmentation after using them a couple of times so I guess I should have updated the swatches. With theses colors, you can create a nice natural purple eye look.

Something I like about this quad is that you van create a full look just using the colors in it. I personally like to use the lighter satin shade as an highlight, the lighter shimmery shade on the first half of my lid, the lighter matte purple on the outer half of my lid and the darker matte purple in my crease and outer V area.

Also, theses shadows last long with a primer.

Overall, the pigmentation didn’t amaze me but, the colors are pretty and I really like the look you get using theses colors. So,  I think it’s still good for the price I paid. But, I have to admit, I would have been a little bit disappointed if I would have paid 60$ for this quad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top MelPatinage21. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.