Friday 12 August 2011

Urban Decay Naked palette - Review

Ok so this week I am in Maine and I’m so happy because I stopped at Sephora in Portland and they had the Naked palette! I went to several Sephora’s before in Canada and they never had this palette in stock. I didn’t want to order it online because in Canada you need to spend at 120$ in makeup to get free shipping and I didn’t want to pay some fees for the shipping. But, I finally got this palette. When I arrived in the store, the first section was the Urban Decay section and I went straight to that section. When I saw that they had the Naked palette in stock, I was so happy that I wanted to jump right in the store! Good thing I didn’t do it! It’s funny because my mother’s friend who was with us laughed of me because I was so excited. But, enough rambling! This is going to be my review:

Obviously, almost everybody has already seen the Naked palette either online or in the stores. Everybody knows that it’d a really nice palette that has 12 neutral colors. To review the shades, I’m going to review two different categories separately because there’s different comments about the matte and the shimmery shades.

Matte: I find that the mattes shades are just okay. It’s good but it was not amazing. You know when an eyeshadow has some kind of wax film on top and when you get past it, the eyeshadow is better, I felt like this one does. As you can see, the pigmentation is just not as amazing as the shimmery shades. Also, I had to go over the shade a couple of times to get that color while with shimmery shades, only one swipe would do the job. Don’t misunderstand me, they are good but just not as good as what I expected for the Naked palette. To compare it with the Too Faced Natural eye palette, the matte shades are just not as soft and pigmented so I prefer Too Faced matte shadows.

Shimmery: One word to describe the shimmery shadows: AMAZING! They are so nice, velvety, soft, easy to blend and super pigmented. I really like all the shimmery shades. With all this said the most amazing thing about theses shadows is that you do not get a lot of fallouts. I heard a lot of peoples compare Naked palette to Too Faced natural eye palette. I prefer Naked palette because you don’t get a lot off fallouts while with the Too Faced palette, you get tons of fallouts.

The palette also comes with an eyeshadow brush. I find it to be very similar to my ecotool eyeshadow brush. I personally don’t like this kind of brush but it’s a good brush for the kind of brush it is.

Also, as you probably know, it comes with a mini primer potion. I really like Urban Decay primer potion because it’s the best primer. Makes my eyeshadows last all day. But, I gave it to my mom because I still have two more tubes of the original one to use and 1 tube of the on in Sin to use. But, I really recommend it.

Overall, except for the matte shades, this palette is simply amazing. I really like it and I could easily see me use it everyday. The only other negative I have is that lid of the palette doesn’t snap. I think it would be safer to travel with if it had a cover that snaps. But, even with that, I still recommend it because it’s an excellent palette and I really think it’s worth your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top MelPatinage21. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.