Saturday 30 July 2011

EOTD #14– Black cut crease smokey eye

IMG_3823IMG_3824IMG_3827IMG_3831IMG_3833

A little while ago, a girl posted about a picture on luxe about this look. She said that she can do smokey eyes and have tried to copy the look in the picture and she wasn’t able. That was kind of a challenge for me. I’m not used of copying looks from pictures but I think this one turned out to be very similar to the look in the picture. The look is pretty much a light skin colored shade on you lid and a dark black shade to contour your crease and outer V coming on the lid. So this is how I created it step by step:

1. I applied a shade a little bit lighter than my skin tone to all my lid up to my eyebrow.

2. I applied the black shadow where I wanted it using a small angled brush E65 (Mac 266) I would usually use to put on eyeliner. Don’t worry about blending at this point we’re going to come back later for blending.

3. I used my Sigma E30 pencil brush (Mac 219) to darken the crease and outer V and start to blend a little bit the black out.

4. Being careful not to go in to much, I started blending with my Sigma E40 tapered blending brush (Mac 224) just at the edges of the black shadow. After this step, I reapplied the black eye shadow to add the intensity I lost. You can repeat these two steps as much time as you need to get the desired intensity of the look.

5. To blend out the outer higher edges of the black shadow, I used a brown a little bit darker than my skin tone to act as a transition color. I blended it in the black with a Sigma’s E25 which is a smaller blending brush (Mac 217)

5. I reapplied the lighter shade all over my lid and under my brow where there could have some fallouts.

6. I then lined my eyes with the black shadow with the same angled brush I used earlier.

7. I applied black eyeliner to my waterline and added two coats of mascara and the look was done.

So, that’s the look… It ended looking really similar to the picture that I saw on luuux. I hope you liked it (:

Please rate, comment and subscribe!

Mel xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top MelPatinage21. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.