Saturday 8 October 2011

Mac Rubenesque paint pot–Review/comparison to Urban Decay Primer Potion

IMG_4597IMG_4602

Hi Bloggers,

This is a review on Mac’s Rubenesque paintpot. This is the first paintpot that I try. Usually all cream eyeshadows crease on me but I decided to give it a try because I heard so many good reviews about it. I know that it’s not a primer but I’m going to compare it to my all time favorite primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion.

This paintpot is in a really pretty color. It’s a nice peachy golden shade. It looks nice under a lot of neutral eyeshadows and adds just the perfect touch of shimmers. That’s a big plus compared to the Urban Decay Primer Potion because you can get some really pretty colors and have a lot more choice.

But, the Urban Decay Primer Potions lasts longer. The paint pot starts to crease after about 12 hours of wearing it on me which is really good but still not as good as UD. The UD one can last on me 15hours+ and will never crease on me! But, I still wear the paint pot because most normal days, having your makeup on for 12 hours is good enough.

How it applies. In term of ease of application, I have to give the point to Urban Decay because you can just use it with your fingers. (With the Mac paintpot, I’m too scared to infect the product :) ) Also, the UDPP is much more liquid so it’s a lot smoother and silkier when applied on you lids.

The finish of the paintpot is kind of a cream to powder. It’s a cream but when it sets, it looks like it’s some kind of powder eyeshadow while the UDPP keeps it’s wet look if that make sense.

So, both are really good bases/primers. I really recommend both. I recommend Mac if you want pretty shades that make you eyeshadows pop and Urban Decay if you really need theses few more hours of wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top MelPatinage21. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.