Saturday 11 May 2013

Mac Prolongwear lipsticks - Review

IMG_4986IMG_4995IMG_4987IMG_4989IMG_4992IMG_4991

Hey Bloggers,

Today’s post is going to be a review on two lipsticks that I have from Mac. I got those a little while ago at CCO so they might be discontinued or might have been limited edition. I’m still going to talk about these in case you can still get them at CCO and I’m also going to review the formula to help you decide if you want to get some other colors or not. So, let’s get started:

Packaging:I like that those come in a sleek black packaging as with almost every Mac products. For those familiar with regular Mac lipsticks, those are not in the same packaging. Overall, I would say that I prefer the regular lipsticks packaging because for some reason, maybe it’s just mine but the cap often opens quite easily (even with the lipstick just laying on a table flat) so I find it may not be the best to carry around in your purse because when I do, I’m always scared it will open and run everywhere.

Colors:

- Dress it up is a nice blue based pink that looks a little bit like a Barbie pink but is still quite wearable depending with your skin tone. I really like this color as it is unique (at least in my collection).

- To the future! is a nice nude color. It is similar to Hue but is more on the peachy side where Hue is more on the pinkie side. I like that this color is not too light so it doesn’t wash out my face. Also, this color is a lot more pigmented than Hue since Hue is a glaze and both of the prolongwear lipsticks have a cream finish (almost matte).

Both colors, doesn’t have shimmers and have a cream to matte finish on the lips.

Texture: These lipsticks have a nice texture. They are really creamy and quite soft on your lips. I like how they apply. They are really opaque and have great color payoff. They don’t overly sink into the fine lines of your lips but I wouldn’t recommend putting those over dry lips as with really flakey lips, it can bring attention to that issue. But, that happens with many other lipsticks, especially those with that really opaque almost matte texture. Another thing is that for someone being used to wear lip butters, lip balm/stains pencils and tinted lip balms kind of products, it can feel a little bit on the heavier side on the lips but usually it doesn’t bother me that much.

Staying power: This stay a good time on my lips but I don’t think it’s anything that surpass other regular lipsticks I’ve tried or other Mac lipsticks by much. It stays well but it’s advertised as a longwearing lipstick so I think it should surpass it’s competitors in that field while it doesn’t for me.

Ratings:

- Packaging: 6/10

- Quality: 8/10

- Price: 5/10

- Staying power: 6/10

- Total: 6.25/10 (B)

Overall I like this product and will use it up but I would pick up the regular Mac lipsticks before these ones because they are less expensive and the ones I have perform as well in my opinion. I think if you find a unique color that you like in that line, it’s a good choice but if you can find a similar color for less expensive, I wouldn’t pay extra for the formulation.

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this review. Feel free to subscribe and comment.

Bye everyone, have a nice day :)

Mel xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top MelPatinage21. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.